Friday 9 October 2009

Dracula - Chapter 5

I did not find this chapter to be particularly insteresting, mainly because I was disappointed by the fact that the storyline had moved away from Dracula and Jonathan Harker. I was beginning to enjoy that storyline and wanted to find out if Jonathan Harker was going to escape.

However, I found the very big change in style quite interesting. The style changed to a letter format and although I did not find the chapter particularly exciting, it was an interesting change. I also get the feeling that at some point in the book, both these storylines will somehow link together and I look forward to discovering the connection (if I am right).

1 comment:

  1. Yes - they will link! Spot the writer of the letters and a name mentioned in Harker's journal...
    Think about why Stoker might make this change, and what purpose he is hoping to fulfil...

    ReplyDelete